It can be annoying and unpleasant to have white spots on your teeth. They can be brought on by specific medications or illnesses, but they are frequently the result of poor dental hygiene. Fortunately, there are a number of economical and simple at-home methods to remove white spots from teeth, one of which is teeth whitening near you.
In this article, we will look at numerous ways to address white spots from your smile, as well as the remedy for this particular issue.
What Causes White Spots on Teeth?
The following disorders and problems can result in white patches on your teeth:
- When people aren’t paying as much attention to hygiene as they should, we frequently see them in kids or adults with braces. Cleaning your teeth can be more difficult if you have wires or braces. Bacteria that become lodged under braces continue to come into contact with the tooth enamel. These bacteria cause discoloration by depleting calcium and other minerals. When a patient consumes a lot of sugary or acidic meals or drinks sugary beverages, we observe the same problem without braces.
- Young children may have white spots as a result of dental fluorosis. White or brown stains may develop in children eight years of age and younger who consume too much fluoride while their teeth are developing. Fluorosis may be brought on by high fluoride levels in drinking water, young toddlers swallowing toothpaste, or excessive mouthwash use. In moderate situations, we typically detect white flecks or dots. You can get teeth whitening in Sidney to get a solution for it. More extensive white patches, pitting, or brown stains may be present in more severe cases.
- Another disorder that can affect young children is enamel hypoplasia. It happens when weakened enamel is caused by heredity or prenatal vitamin deficits, leading to white patches, pitting, or other discoloration.
Dental Treatments for White Spots on Teeth
White spots can be treated using a number of methods. The best course of action will depend on the severity of the problem, what your dentist in Sidney recommends, what caused the discoloration, and how old the patient is.
- Fluoride can generally aid in the healing of mild white spots and prevent demineralization. As a preliminary step, your dentist might advise topical fluoride paste to remineralize the teeth. In some circumstances, conventional tooth whitening with a bleaching agent based on peroxide may be beneficial.
- A thin layer of enamel is removed by enamel microabrasion using a specialized instrument and abrasive paste. We continue with bleaching trays for use at home.
- In a brand-new procedure called resin infiltration, the white spots are treated by removing a thin layer of enamel, covering them with tooth-colored resin, and hardening them with a special light.
- The surface colour is smooth and uniform after getting the resin treatment by a dentist near you. For individuals with significant white spots or other discoloration caused by demineralization, your dentist may suggest crowns or veneers.
Our Dentist Can Help Your Smile Shine; Call Our Clinic Today
All patients, young and old, with or without braces, must visit the dentist for checkups on a regular basis. Sometimes, when receiving orthodontic treatment, we spend so much time in the chair that we neglect to visit our family dentist for regular checkups. But scheduling routine cleanings is more crucial than ever.
We advise you to reach out to us here at Sidney Harbour Dental; our team of dentists, hygienists, and administrative support personnel are all here to aid you on your dental journey. No issue is too difficult to tackle. We will work hard to ensure that your treatment is not only successful but you’re wholly satisfied with the results.
So please, call us today or visit our company website to get started.